I will leave the analysis of the convention's impact on the horse race to others and certainly other blogs but on a personal note, it was a great experience. During the past week, I couldn't help but notice so many top journalists and seasoned politicos saying "this is my first convention." Therefore, as a kid just out of college, to have already attended a national political convention as a member of the media is quite an honor. I know I will look back at this assignment for the rest of my career.
The experience has also energized my interest in covering politics. I have always been a political junkie but the RNC reminded me how much I love following the process and hope to cover it in depth in the future. In closing, I hope you have enjoyed this blog as much as I have putting it together. A special thanks to my reporter for asking me to be his producer and dealing with me for five long days.
Here's to many more conventions in my future and many more blogs charting my experiences at them.
Cheers,
Shawn

No comments:
Post a Comment