This has been an exciting year for political junkies and the summer was no exception. As Sept. 8 approaches so does the final leg of the election. But before the unofficial end of the season, we have one more major event: The 2008 Republican National Convention.

As a recent college graduate on the job search, I could not be more excited for the week ahead. I finished up at the University of Southern California in May and returned home to Seattle. After a relaxing summer, I am eager to get my hands wet again in political journalism. I spent much of the spring covering the Democrats and the Obama campaign for my college news station. It will be nice to report on the other party in a city I have never visited before. That's enough about me for now but if you want to whole story, check out the post below.
SC@RNC2008 hopes to document the exciting assignment of covering a political convention. Full disclosure: I was unable to go to the 2008 Democratic National Convention, otherwise there would have been an SC@DNC2008 as well.
My role next week will be to help a TV news reporter from Bend, Oregon who just finished covering the DNC in Denver. His identity will be kept secret since he has no affiliation with this blog but you will see and hear about him throughout the convention.
So please visit early and often (as they do in another Midwest city) in the next several days for a side of the RNC you won't get anywhere else.
See you from St. Paul!

No comments:
Post a Comment